Careers at Zazil
Do you want to join an incredibly motivated, smart and fun team? We’re always on the lookout for top talent who can bring their own voice, skills and expertise to the mix. If you think you’ve got what it takes, send your cover letter and resume over to Janice Fahey Dolan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE ZAZIL INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
We’re always accepting applications for spring, summer and fall semesters (pretty much all year round) in our Boston office, so if you’d like the chance to be part of something great while getting an incredible learning experience, send your cover letter and resume to Anya Nelson at email@example.com.
Vice President, Strategy
The VP of Strategy possesses outstanding methodological, project management and people management skills. Responsible for overall client strategy, the VP of Strategy oversees client engagements from start to finish with the goal of exceeding client expectations. The VP of Strategy also spearheads the firm’s major business development initiatives, working internally to conceptualize PR programs, accurately forecast budgets and billable hours, and present concepts to clients. Internally, the VP of Strategy also contributes significantly to the firm’s marketing, infrastructure and P&L management.
- Translate client goals into successful programs using strategic thinking
- Drive programs from inception to completion internally and externally; analyze performance, make actionable changes and present results
- Ensure campaigns and respective budgets are scoped appropriately and revenue is managed accurately
- Lead new business opportunities; answer RFPs and deliver pitch presentations
- Help Managing Partners build a team of social/digital, content creation and media experts to ensure successful performance and growth
- Mentor junior team members
- Have at least 10+ years of agency experience
- Proven innovator in PR/marketing program creation and execution
- Experience providing counsel to C-suite executives
- Proven success in driving new business
- Experience with campaign measurement and analysis
- Ability to accurately scope and budget PR/marketing programs
- Experience managing and growing teams
- Exceptional writing, communication and presentation skills
- Commitment to delivering personal best and exceeding client expectations
Media Relations Intern
Zazil Media Group is seeking an intern for the fall 2016 semester to work on a number of client deliverables, including media relations, corporate/creative writing, event planning and research.
The intern will work with the media director and account executives on various editorial campaigns, including research, media list building and maintenance, press outreach and follow-up, client coverage reports, and much more. Previous media relations experience is a big plus.
The intern will also work with the writing team on a number of writing assignments. Writing projects will include, but are not limited to, press releases, blog posts, customer stories/case studies, newsletters and media pitches. Candidates should be an ace with grammar and have AP style rules committed to memory. Content will vary from very creative to very corporate, so candidates should be able to use varying tones. Topics covered will include general technology, photography, filmmaking, broadcast, animation, postproduction, consumer electronics and consumer goods.
The ideal candidate is motivated, well-organized, and eager to learn about the agency nature. He/she must be comfortable working with tight deadlines, multitasking, and keeping cool under pressure. Must possess great communication and presentation skills. This position will require at least 24 hours per week.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to Anya Nelson, anya(at)zazilmediagroup(dot)com.
- College students pursuing a degree in communications or a related field
- Previous experience in a related field (PR, marketing communications, advertising, etc.)
- Ability to work minimum of 24 hours a week
- Hourly compensation ($10/hour)